I was going to freehand everything, but I didn't want the Rage symbol to end up asymmetric, so I printed out images of each symbol and cut the shapes out of a stencil sheet so that I had a stencil to use.
I mixed acrylic paint with a textile medium to paint the images. After getting an initial coat on using the stencil, I removed the stencil and added more layers of paint/touched up the designs.

Ok, so those of you who know Homestuck are probably wondering why I chose the symbols I did. Life is the aspect I identify with, which is why it's on the front of the hoodie as well as on the back. Blood and Rage are the aspects of my two favorite characters, so they're on there, too.
As for the order of the symbols, well, just think about it for a moment. Do you have it? "Lifeblood" and "blood rage."
On a more personal level, Blood is in the middle because Karkat was my gateway into Homestuck and he's my bridge to Gamzee. I initially found Gamzee incredibly creepy but he was Karkat's friend and moirail so I warmed up to him and have a great deal of fondness for our favorite murder-clown now.
This isn't the first thing I've made with these three symbols. I wanted to practice woodburning some months ago and decided to burn them. (This one was freehanded.) It has no real purpose though. It just sits on fireplace mantle.




No comments:
Post a Comment